Melton Manor is an exclusive colonial style safari lodge with four luxuriously appointed suites. The spacious U shaped lodge is characterised by high ceilings and deep cool verandas which overlook the central courtyard and its large outdoor swimming pool.
The living area has a feature fireplace and in the evenings, this provides for a comfortable place to relax after a day in the game reserve. Wholesome delicious cuisine and some great wines of the Cape are served and Melton Manor excels at making their guests feel at home.
Melton Manor is situated in Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, a 54,000 acre wilderness in the malaria free Eastern Cape. Approximately 65km from the coast, Kwandwe lies 100 miles from Port Elizabeth Airport. Kwandwe is one of the most exclusive family friendly game reserves in the world. Not only is it malaria free but it is also home to the ‘Big Five’ – black and white rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard.
A great team, amazing food, and a fantastic safari experience at Melton Manor, Kwandwe.
- On Kwandwe Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, located perfectly for a self-drive or fly-in safari.
- Grahamstown 15 mins drive.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (a 2hr drive or a 20 min private air transfer).
- Endless views over the plains and open game reserve.
- Colonial style with high ceilings, wooden floors and large bedrooms and bathrooms, the furnishings are very tasteful and the whitewash of the building is a stark contrast to the rugged green land all around.
- Main accommodation
- Sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms. The property is protected by discreet fencing.
- Outdoor swimming pool with uninterrupted breathtaking views over the Reserve.
- Massage treatments are available on request.
- Outdoor fitness zones and terraces for open air yoga, pilates and meditation.
- The whole purpose of going to Melton Manor is to enjoy the safari experience and hopefully see lots of animals living harmoniously in the reserve.
- Offers a peaceful escape from the trappings of modern day and whilst there is a TV, a stay at Kwandwe is definitely experiential.
- A large garden protected by discreet fencing. Lawns are well kept and there are plenty of seats to relax on when not out in the reserve.