This chalet is based on a traditional old mountain house dating from the 1940’s, and has been extended and modernised to create a large modern property with open gables, open plan living and a feature wood burning fireplace. Constructed largely from local larch with large panoramic glass windows, Chalet Backstage provides guests with stunning views over Zermatt to the iconic Matterhorn.
Within a short distance of the bars and restaurants of Zermatt, the central location of Chalet Backstage is very convenient for visiting town as well as taking to the nearby mountains. The Matterhorn Express and Klein Matterhorn lift stations are both nearby.
This property has plenty of quirky features from its dark moody cinema on the ground floor to its glamorous hand crafted wooden beds and bathrooms with pearlescent tiles. An internal lift allows you to conserve energy and save your legs for the mountains.
An awesome blend of cool design and Swiss engineering.
- Located in the heart of Zermatt's car-free village in a quiet residential area.
- Ski lifts
- Matterhorn Express Gondola 5 minute walk, Klein Matterhorn 5 minute walk, Central church square 4 minute walk
- Nearest airports
- Sion Private airport (1h30), Geneva (3h15) Zurich (3h40) or Milan (3h).
- A spectacular 360 degree panoramic view of Zermatt village and the Matterhorn.
- A chic and contemporary chalet decorated with an impressive collection of contemporary art and locally created furniture and fittings.
- Main accommodation
- Sleeps 10 guests in 5 bedrooms with one additional loft bed which can accommodate a child.
- A spectacular whirlpool accommodates up to 6 people and at the press of a button, hydraulically lifts above the floor and as the roof top opens, rises up into the night sky! Chalet Backstage also has a sauna and guests have free use of the spa facilities in the nearby Backstage Boutique Hotel.
- Guests can use the fitness facilities in the Backstage Boutique Hotel a 5 minute walk from Chalet Backstage.
- The private cinema room is equipped with a state of the art multi-media system.
- All floors and balconies look over the village to the iconic Matterhorn.
- The property is managed by a team of professional service staff and a range of professional services are available with rental bookings. These services may include professional host, housekeeping, private chef, concierge and driver service. Please contact us to confirm the services included, if there are supplemental costs which may apply and any special requirements.
- Exclusive Spa Retreats
- This property has been verified by Chalet Spa SA Switzerland for Exclusive Spa Retreats.